Bright Starts is a nonprofit organization and registered charity. In addition to accepting donations, Bright Starts hosts a number of fundraisers each year in an effort to maintain its high-quality programs.
To support Bright Start’s state-of-the-art facility, please visit https://uwaterloo.ca/support and follow these steps:
- Choose donation method
- If using credit card, click “give by credit card” on the right
- Choose “browse multiple funds”
- Choose “select another area of interest”
- in search box type Bright Starts Daycare Fund
- If choosing payroll deduction click donate by payroll/pension deduction
- under “what area you would like to support” choose “Other Faculty, College or University Projects”
- under area of giving scroll down to “Other”
- type in Bright Starts Daycare Fund
Tax receipts are provided for donations exceeding $20.
If your child is graduating, and you will no longer have a child in our program, please consider donating your registration fee back to Bright Starts. Your contribution will go towards fundraising efforts and will be recognized with a leaf on our family tree located in our main foyer.
Bright Starts sells gift cards for retailers that you shop at every day (Zehrs, Sobeys, Food Basics, Canadian Tire, Winners among many others), and a portion of every gift card sale comes back to Bright Starts. It’s called FundScrip, and there are no extra costs to you or to Bright Starts. Since gift cards equal cash, you will still be able to use coupons and collect any reward points the stores offer.
While you could certainly buy the gift cards for gifts, Bright Starts will benefit the most if you buy them for your everyday shopping at grocery stores, gas stations and other major retailers.
Here’s how you can easily participate:
- Complete the order form with the gift cards you want to buy.
- Return the form and cheque made payable to FundScrip (cash is fine too).
- Bright Starts will place a group order every month by the 15th, and your gift card order will arrive within a week.
- Check the whiteboard in the front hall to see when gift card orders arrive and pick them up from the office (Karen).
- Use your gift cards during your regular shopping trips and support Bright Starts to purchase new toys and books for your child’s classrooms.
- If you would like to receive the same cards, please highlight the cards that you would like on a recurring basis and provide a postdated cheque for each additional month.
This is an easy way to do what you already do (shop for groceries, clothes, gas etc.) and support Bright Starts with minimal effort. It’s easy. If you would like to participate, please have your completed order form and cheque into the office by the 15th of every month.
Support Our Fundraiser!
Let’s eliminate our lost and found! Bright Starts Co-operative Early Learning Centre Inc. is fundraising with Mabel’s Labels, a leading provider of cute, durable personalized labels that are as tough as they are cute.
Sticky Labels, Peel and Stick Clothing Labels, Bag Tags, Allergy Alert labels & more… there’s a label for everything your kiddo brings for the day.
Personalize your labels with names, initials, and phone numbers – whatever you choose. Cool icons help even little ones identify their own belongings. Dishwasher, microwave, laundry safe and kid tested!
Easy, online ordering gets your labels dispatched within one business day to your door.
Click here to place your order while helping us with our fundraising efforts.
Scholastic Book Orders
Create a online account with Scholastic Canada to place orders or place orders using the Scholastic Flyers placed in children’s cubby’s monthly that will help Bright Starts earn points towards free books! Visit https://canadaclubs.scholastic.ca/en/home and click ‘Connect with A Teacher” to begin setting up an online account or ask the main office for more details on ordering from the flyer.
Bright Starts Events
Throughout the year, with the help of parents and staff, Bright Starts runs various fundraising events or activities. (e.g., fun fair, dance-a-thon, making apple crisps, book drive etc.) Please visit the events page to learn about upcoming events and how you can contribute.
Parents of Bright Starts can also donate their time towards committees. If interested in volunteering on a committee, please see [this page]. Calls for volunteers will be communicated to parents through newsletters and emails.