Our committed Registered Early Childhood Educators (RECE) are all registered through the College of Early Childhood Educators, are trained in First Aid and CPR. Educators are carefully selected and screened to meet the needs of Bright Starts CELC, children and their families. Our RECE’s participate in continuous professional learning, engaging in continuous learning helps RECE’s remain current in their knowledge, skills and professional values. They reflect on their practice and identify ways in which they can grow professionally. To learn more about the College of Early Childhood Educators please click on the hyperlink above.
Our Registered Early Childhood Educators balance opportunities for children to figure out how the world works and how to overcome challenges.
Our educators view children as:
- Competent curious, and motivated learners.
- Individuals who bring valuable knowledge, ideas, and experiences about their physical and social world to the classroom.
- Individuals who begin to make sense of their world from the moment they are born.
- Active learners and social learners.
- Individuals who come to our programs influenced by family, gender, culture and previous experience.
- Individuals with a variety of learning styles and ways of understanding and constructing knowledge.
Volunteers and Students do not have unsupervised access to the children in attendance at Bright Starts CELC nor can they be counted in the staffing ratio. No child will be supervised by a person less than 18 years of age.